On this New Year's Eve, I'm breaking my "blogging break" with my personal recap of 2011. This past year brought challenges as well as many celebrations. For me, I felt as if every swing of emotion that is possible for me, I experienced this year. Needless to say, I have enjoyed my week of "staycation" this past week! In a nutshell...
- My brother-in-law, Jonathan, celebrated a year of being cancer free.
- We took our first week-long family vacation to Disney with Sean and Sydney and my extended family this summer...had a great time and lived to tell about it!
- Sydney was baptized in July of this year.
- In August, Todd and I entered a new world as Lead Pastor and wife (First Lady to those of you who like that!) of a thriving young church on the brink of a new facility in March 2012. There has been so much for us to learn and to face that is totally brand new for us in our marriage and in our ministry together.
- I began 2011 as the Worship Arts Director for LowCountry Community Church and its two campuses (Bluffton & HHI) and now I am the Worship Arts/Communications Director for Hilton Head Island Community Church (formerly the Island Campus of LCC).
- We are celebrating a beautiful transtion this Fall as a new church and are so thankful for our mother church, LCC, and all its continued support as we have entered this new season as sister churches in the Lowcountry.
- I learned to play the electric guitar this year thanks to the loving gift of a new guitar from the WAM at LCC.
- Did I mention we transitioned into a new church this fall? Just checking...
- I am entering my 20th year of being a part of a Worship Arts Staff at a local church. I have discovered some fatigue this past year and much needed "replenishment" from God in my life as I continue to serve Him. I am looking forward to taking a one-month sabbatical in June 2012.
- I had several close friends this year experience personal crisis. Romans 12:15 has had a new meaning for me this year.
- This is my last year with a preschooler...I can't believe how fast time has flown.
I'm looking forward to 2012. I'm ready to see what the New Year holds for me and my family. There's so much excitement with our new facility and a Winter Worship record for our church in the works. I feel very blessed to have survived 2011 in some ways and I'm thankful to have a new year and the freshness that it brings.
So I will be here a lot more in 2012. It was a good break for me in 2011. I pray your New Year holds great promise and fresh grace for all that life has for you! Happy New Year!