Don't mess with a good thing...that is what I have always said. So, I didn't know how Recreate would be this year because it was going to be different than in years past. I have lost count, but I think I have been to Recreate 5 or 6 times. This is the 1st year I brought my hubby Todd...we were not all staying at the same place. Let's just say, all apprehensions have been removed. I LOVE IT! Randy and Chris have once again KNOCKED IT out of the PARK!!!! Our sessions today with Dr. Steve Guthrie and Ian Morgan Cron were...I am without speech. Here are some random thoughts.
- The truth of God is announced in words or deeds...not just finding a song with the word "humility," but showing it.
- Music and the Arts have an important teaching experience to give. Teaching is not limited to the words.
- The most meaningful we may do as worship leaders is allow God's people to sing.
- A Contemplative life is not all about content - it's about intent.
- As artists and worship leaders, we need to help others seek clearly what they have felt vaguely.
- Action without contemplation is a disaster
- Contemplation without action is a disaster
- There is nothing wrong with the loud moments in our worship, but nothing can imitate or replace the importance of silence.
- Consider Jesus' prayer life.
- The paths of beauty, truth, and goodness must all be explored to be a true contemplative.
Some of this might not make any sense to you. However, I encourage you to read Ian's book Chasing Francis...it changed my life...get it here.
We enjoyed a songwriter's night with Meredith Andrews, Matt Boswell, and Michael Farren. The songs they shared were unbelievable and will definitely become a part of our song list at LCC-HHI. If that wasn't enough, Michael W Smith ended the evening by leading us in worship. See the quick video clip below or view it on the right at Cullenhouse TV. I can't wait for Day 3...