This was my third time attending Unleash and in my opinion, it was the best! I was able to take my WAM Staff with me and we had an unbelieveable 48 hours together - dreaming, sharing, and getting to know one another. Here were some highlights:
Five things to get our vision right - Perry Noble - from Matthew 25
1. We must make Jesus the END GOAL of all that we do.
2. We must be more concerned with the outsider than the insider.
My favorite statement of the day...
"We must not organize ourselves around the preferences of the already convinced."
3. We must help people establish a new identity.
4. We must be patient with people.
5. We must make it our mission to proclaim freedom in Jesus Christ.
1 Samuel 14 - Every leader faces fear - Perry Noble
I loved this story of Jonathan and his armor bearer from 1 Sam 14:1-23. Go read it here. Perry started with John 14:12 and Christ's promise that we would do "greater things." He gave three stages of a leader being able to do greater things:
1.Preparation - vv. 1-4 -God has not called us to play it safe.
2. "Perhaps" - v.6- Perry said that everytime he reads the Bible, he sees that it is perfectly normal to not know what happens next. As Jonathan said, "Perhaps the Lord will act on our behalf..."
3. Partnershp - v.7 -You can always submit to godly authority and trust God for the outcome. As Jonathan's armor bearer said "Do all that you have in mind,” his armor-bearer said. “Go ahead; I am with you heart and soul."
Shane Duffey - Creative Arts Pastor - In his breakout session, I love what he said about creativity...
"We must be committed to process and product but married to the vision."
The worship was terrific...Lee and the team led with such authenticity and energy. I was so encouraged! It is such a treat to be led in worship. I just took it all in!
Thanks to ALL the team at NewSpring for their fabulous volunteers and a great day of encouragement!